I.5. THE REAL REASON WHY YOU FEEL STUCK

"Growth begins the moment self-questioning replaces self-doubt."

Most people think they're stuck because life isn't changing.
The truth is, they're stuck because their thoughts never do.

They replay the same fears.
The same doubts.
The same questions.

Eventually, your mind mistakes repetition for reality.
And that's where feeling stuck begins.

As the noise within grows louder, people begin to panic.
Not externally.
Internally.

They feel depressed, disturbed, exhausted, and completely lost.
Yet when someone asks, "Are you okay?"
They smile and say,
"Yeah, I'm fine."

And who are we talking about?

Most of us.

Most of us don't have someone we can tell everything to. Not because people aren't there. Sometimes, we choose not to. We're scared of losing the only space that still feels personal. The only part of our lives we can truly call our own. We don't realize what's happening inside us until we're forced to sit with our emotions. Until life slows us down enough to show us how our mind has been working all along.
As you grow older, you begin feeling left behind. Suddenly, you're running in the same race everyone else is.

Degrees | Money | Success | Validation.


Without realizing you've quietly walked away from the version of yourself that once had dreams beyond survival.
You stop living your passion.
You start living expectations.
Days become routines.
Dreams become responsibilities.

And somewhere between trying to keep everyone happy, you lose yourself.
At first, it's just exhaustion. Then it becomes frustration. Then sleepless nights.

Then one day...
Your mind simply gives up. You stop and ask yourself...

"Where am I?"

"What am I even doing with my life?"

"Why does it feel like everyone else is deciding how I should live?"

"If I'm doing all this for someone else... do they even notice?"

"Do my efforts matter to them as much as theirs matter to me?"

Those questions hurt.
But sometimes... they're the beginning of healing.
My purpose isn't to tell you to stop caring about people. It's to ask you to widen your boundaries for yourself and create healthier limits for everyone else.

If you spend hours imagining the worst...
Why not spend a few minutes imagining something good?
Why is that so difficult?

Because we're often trapped inside our worst-case scenarios. Inside endless what ifsWe replay possibilities that haven't even happened. And forget to live the reality that's happening right now.

If you've been reading Alexithymic Echoes, I want you to pause here.
Don't analyze someone else's life.
Analyze your own.

Your journey. I've been documenting my life through journals. Not because my life is extraordinary. But because I never wanted to forget who I was becoming. Whenever I read those pages again, I realize something beautiful. Everything I once thought would destroy me...was quietly building me.

Every breakdown. Every rejection. Every lonely night. Every unanswered question.
None of it was meaningless.
So now, whenever my mind starts looping around a problem, I pause.

I ask myself,
"Will replaying this thought solve anything?"

If the answer is NO...
I let it go.

If it's about money, I ask
"Am I doing something today that will improve my future?"

If YES, then worrying won't help.
Working will.

If it's about relationships, I ask
"Is this relationship adding peace to my life... or taking it away?"

Sometimes, the answer hurts. But clarity often does.

Question your thoughts.
Judge your actions.
Judge your reactions.

Not to criticize yourself. But to understand yourself. There is a difference between overthinking and reflecting. Overthinking keeps you trapped inside the same question. Reflection helps you find an answer.
Worrying is human. Living inside worry isn't. Work on yourself every single day.
One day, you'll look back and smile at everything that once felt unfair.

And you'll whisper to the universe,
"Yes... all of this was necessary for me to become me."


That's the difference.
An overthinker asks questions that never end. A reflective mind asks questions that create growth.
So whenever a thought enters your mind...
Ask yourself, "Is this thought helping me grow... or simply keeping me stuck?"
 
And maybe... that's why I talk so much about journaling.

Maybe you don't need another answer.
Maybe you just need a place where your thoughts can exist without being judged.
Because sometimes...writing can heal what talking can't.

Coming next: Why Writing Can Heal What Talking Can't.

Until then, be kinder to your mind than your fears.

—ALEXIHTYMIC ECHOES

Comments

  1. Felt so calm reading this one 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm doing all this for someone else... do they even notice?". Felt so personal 💗🤌🏻
    Love this one.... Keep going gurlll 🫂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reflecting over overthinking!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I. 1. YOU WERE BECOMING ALL ALONG: THE JOURNEY NO ONE SAW

I.3. The Illusion of Being Understood

I.2. BOUND BY LOVE, BURDENED BY CARE