I.4. The Noise Within

"The loudest conversations are often the ones we have with ourselves."

The Silence We Choose



Sometimes, when you're going through a lot, it all becomes too much.

You start isolating yourself, not because you hate people, but because you know there's an emotional storm running inside you. And you're scared that one day it'll spill out in front of someone who doesn't know how to hold it. Or worse... someone who'll use it against you.

Sometimes, staying away from people isn't about pushing them away. It's about protecting the version of yourself that's already been hurt enough.

Learning to Survive Yourself


For some people, the first heartbreak doesn't come from love. It comes from their own people. At first, you cry. You wait for someone to notice. Someone to ask if you're okay. Someone to stay. But after a while, you stop waiting. Not because you don't need people anymore. Because no one came. So you slowly learn how to show up for yourselfAnd honestly? That's one of the hardest lessons life teaches. Not because it makes you independent. But because it changes the way you look at yourself. You stop begging to be understood. You stop chasing people who only show up when it's convenient. You start realizing what you deserve. 

Later, people finally come around. They say they understand. They tell you they're here now. But it's strange... By then, you've already learned how to survive without them. It's not that you've become cold. You've just grown tired of expecting people to stay.

Trust doesn't disappear in one day. And it doesn't come back in one day either.

When Survival Changes You


One thing people don't really talk about is what emotional pain does to the way you see people. You stop reacting. You start observing. Someone raises their voice at you, and instead of shouting back, you catch yourself wondering;

Are they angry with me? Or are they carrying something they don't know how to deal with?

You notice things you never noticed before.
A forced smile.
A delayed reply.

The way someone suddenly changes their tone. The way someone avoids eye contact. It's like your brain is constantly trying to figure out whether you're safe or not. You're not trying to judge people. You're just trying not to get hurt again. And that's a very different thing. After going through enough emotional hurt, surviving quietly starts feeling normal. Not because you wanted that life. But because your mind learned that staying alert felt safer than feeling vulnerable. It's difficult to explain this to someone who has never had to rebuild themselves emotionally.

But if you have...
You'll probably understand exactly what I mean.
There comes a point where you think,

"Everything I was once scared of has already happened. I survived it. So what exactly is left to fear?"

And yet...
One question never really leaves.

Am I actually being understood?

Or. Am I just being heard?

Because those two things aren't the same. 

And somewhere between them...
The noise within begins.


Where the Mind Gets Lost



I'm not going to tell you that reading one blog is going to fix everything going on inside your head. It won't. Some battles take much longer than a few words on a screen. 

But sometimes...

But sometimes, finding the words for what you're feeling is enough to remind you that you're not the only one carrying it. And sometimes, that's enough for today. If you're still trying to make sense of your life, don't rush yourself. Seriously. You don't have to know who you're becoming at sixteen. Or seventeen. Or even twenty-five. The internet makes it look like everyone has life figured out. 

Trust me. Most people are just figuring it out as they go. 
Stop being so hard on yourself. The world already is. 
If no one understands you today... 
Start by understanding yourself.
If no one chooses you...
Don't stop choosing yourself.

And yes learn how to show up for yourself.
But don't confuse independence with isolationHealing isn't proving that you don't need anyone. It's knowing your worth whether people stay or leave. Before people talk about opening up...
There's another phase nobody talks about.
The phase where your own mind refuses to leave you alone.

Then your mind becomes the place you spend most of your time, it starts asking questions that never seem to end.

When Your Mind Won't Let You Rest


Should I do this?
Will it work?
What am I even doing with my life?
Why does everything go wrong whenever I finally speak for myself?
Where will I be five years from now?

Question after question. Thought after thought. Welcome to overthinking. Sometimes the healthiest thing you can do is stop expecting your mind to answer every question it creates.
Not every thought deserves your attention.
Not every fear deserves your energy.

Some answers only make sense after you've lived a little longer.

Becoming Someone You Needed


One day...
You'll read an old journal. Or an old message. Or maybe you'll simply remember the version of yourself who couldn't stop crying in silence. The one who felt invisible. The one who thought no one would ever understand. And you'll notice something. You're no longer that person. The person who wrote those painful chapters... isn't the same person reading them now.

Maybe the noise within never completely disappears. Maybe you simply become wiser than the voice creating it. There comes a point where you stop asking,

"How do I stop thinking so much?"

and start asking,

"What are my thoughts trying to tell me?"

And I think that's where everything begins to change. Because there is a difference between being an overthinker... and having a reflective mind. One keeps you trapped inside your fears. The other helps you understand them. 

Maybe the goal was never to think less.

Maybe the goal was to understand yourself better.

And perhaps... that's where our journey continues


In the next chapter, we'll explore THE REAL REASON WHY PEOPLE FEEL STUCK, where overthinking slowly turns into understanding, and where your thoughts stop feeling like a prison and start becoming a guide.







Comments

  1. My fav one yet ! 💗
    The small quotes here express sm more than just words. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagerly waitingg for the next ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously your all blogs are really helping me a lot from what I'm going through.
    HAT'S OFF TO YOU!!! 🫡💯
    Keep writing it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I. 1. YOU WERE BECOMING ALL ALONG: THE JOURNEY NO ONE SAW

I.3. The Illusion of Being Understood

I.2. BOUND BY LOVE, BURDENED BY CARE